Saturday, March 31, 2012

CHILD CARE 24

                                   Originally I Wrote To A Number Of Places About Treatment And Said I Was Single. One Ignored The Fact I Was Single, One Said They Automatically Would Not Take A Single Person. I Think The Clinic I Went To Just Pretended I Was Married . My Partner Came With Me Most Of The Time, He Came And Collected My Often, Or Women Friends Did, When The Others There Had Their Spouses Collecting Them. I Think They Just Ignored Our Relationship. I Think They Just Wanted Not To Know About It. 
I Resented Being Treated As Part Of A Couple. They Always Referred To Him As If We Were Married. I Did Not Fight It Very Hard. I Felt Quite Insecure Because I Had A Feeling That If I Made A Big Scence And Fought Assumptions Were Wrong, You Find You Are Scared Of Getting Stroppy Or You Might Go Into That Culdusac Where Single People Go And Not Get Out Of It. So You Are In A Very Weak Position.
It Is Terribly Hard To Answer All The Ethical Questions. I Think Everyone Should Have The Right To Have Their Body Fixed But Ivf Is Not About Fixing Your Body, It Is About Something Else. I Don’t Think Is Is Completely Morally Neutral. I Was Worried About Having My Life Pocked Over. The Thought Of Going Before An Ethics Committee Mad E Me Think I Would Rather Go Somewhere Else.
Single Women Face Extra Hurdles And Stresses. One Springs From The Prejudice Against Single Parents. Some Private Centers And Most Nhs Ones, Will Refuse To Treat Single Women. Others May Expect Them To Go Before An Ethics Committee To Be Approved For Treatment. It Is Not Only The Medical World That Discriminates Against Single Women. Some Patients Groups Are Also Uneasy Or Hostile Towards Them Receiving Ivf Treatment, Particularly On The Nhs.

No comments:

Post a Comment